10 Best Mobile App Development Languages - A Comprehensive Guide
Nov 14, 22 | Raza Mehmood
Isn't jumping from one application to another all we do while using a mobile phone? If we start counting how much time we spend using these applications, it’s going to be most of our day. And all it consists of is using mobile applications only.
Today, the use of these mobile applications signifies the demand and the need for mobile app development. And the usage of mobile app development languages will be the highest in the future. Even most companies are taking a chance on a "mobile-centric" approach to reaching their customers. As a result, they're getting a great response rate as well.
Now moving towards mobile application development. For how impressive the user experience is of your favorite mobile application. The backend process requires mobile app development companies that come to use mobile app development languages for developing your favorite apps. The ones you spend most of your time on.
While reading about mobile app development languages, you must know which languages you should use to develop an app. To help you with that, here's a list of the 10 best mobile app development languages.
Top Mobile App Development Languages
Here’s a list of the mobile app development languages that you need to develop your next mobile app.
- Allows variations with no fixed standards
- Easier control access
- Quicker browsing from the client's side
- Low standards of security
- Chances of browser support issues
So far, C++ has remained to be one of the upstanding choices when it comes to mobile app development. C++ is an object-oriented language with a not high level of memory manipulation features.
C++ is used for Android and Native app development and game development. The list also includes banking apps, real-time mathematical simulations, etc. But, it gets its prominent popularity from Cloud computing applications. This is due to its high adaptability to changing ecosystems or even hardware.
The essential features of C++ include it as an easy and straightforward-to-understand language. But, at the same time, this remains an object-oriented and high-level programming language for mobile app development. Moreover, this language plays its part in improving the speed of the program execution.
- It allows complete control, and you can run the application on different platforms
- It's easier to learn if you know about JAVA, C#, and C.
- You can access its vast built-in libraries
- Its one of the most complicated languages to learn
- It has a very complex syntax and minimal standard library
- It doesn't support any garbage collection
Python is a programming language that comes with wide acceptance among the top mobile app development agencies. The primary usage of this programming language is for developing network servers, web applications, desktop applications, media tools, etc. A few examples of applications developed through Python include Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
Python includes better control capabilities, excellent library support, and robust integration. And the basic features of Python include having clean and readable code and rapid app development. Moreover, this allows you to glue an existing script with another one. You can also create GUIs using any of the standard libraries.
- It supports a variety of platforms and different systems
- It's easy to learn, use and deploy
- It comes with a set of frameworks that make programming very flexible
- There are drawbacks when it comes to data access
- A prolonged execution time
- Not the ideal option when it comes to tasks that are memory intensive
PHP is another highly recommended language for mobile app development and for applications that require database access. This is an open-source mobile app development language that you can use for command-line scripting, server-side scripting, and coding applications.
The highest usage of this language is in developing eCommerce, web, and mobile applications. Plus, this language has enough flexibility to embed in HTML5 or HTML. These websites created using this language include Yahoo, Wikipedia, and Facebook.
PHP language's features include generating error messages with predetermined reporting constraints. Also, it's more compatible with databases and local servers. Lastly, this is an open-source, roughly written language and interpreted.
- More accessible learning and its platform independent
- It has built-in features such as security
- Ensures quicker loading process even without the availability of a high-speed internet
- Not the best option for heavy applications
- There's still improvement needed in the framework for error handling
- Difficult maintenance
C#, also known as C Sharp, is a general-purpose and object-oriented programming language used for mobile app development. The primary usage of this language is windows and cross-platform applications. Plus, this language gives you all the facilities you'd get with Swift, JAVA, and Objective-C.
This is mainly for the development of high-performance and interactive game applications. The main features of this language include its rich library while it's simple yet, general-purpose language. Also, this is highly preferred due to it being robust, simple, and allowing quick deployment.
- It's more component-oriented and comes with an object-oriented development process
- Its a simple and a general-purpose development language
- Quick deployment
- Complex for beginners to learn
- Its highly case sensitive
Again, this is an open-source programming language specifically designed for working with iOS, OS X, and tvOS platforms. This is flexible and more scalable, and you can use an easy and safe pattern to add modern features to an app.
Swift also has one of the first languages to have industrial-quality stems. And it's also a more expressive language to work with. Examples of applications developed using Swift are LinkedIn, Hipmunk, etc.
The features that make Swift a recommendable mobile app development language are its free-standing IDE, also known as Xcode. It also has a built-in memory management tool, such as Automatic reference counting (ARC).
- Easier project scalability
- It comes with several features
- Easier to learn for beginners
- It can be considered a little unstable as a language due to constant updates
- Not suitable for heavy application development
Java is an official object-oriented Android programming language. JAVA offers easy-to-use functionality and excellent documentation. JAVA provides a wide range of features that allow you to create Android apps, cross-platform apps, games, server apps, websites, and other applications.
The top features of JAVA, which makes it a highly recommendable development language, include ensuring program security that comes with access modifiers. Also, this is interpreted and compiled. Lastly, the top feature of it remains to be being completely independent of other environments and platforms.
- It has an explicit interface
- It comes with better security when it comes to memory leaks
- It can run in different environments
- The implementation can be a little complex
- Constant chance of bugs occurring when running JAVA in a VM (virtual machine)
SQL, Structured Query Language, is designed to assess, communicate and manipulate the standard database for applications. This design aims to stand at particular standards of ISO and ANSI.
SQL remains one of the most widely used languages in the business intelligence tool platforms. The major features of SQL first include its provision of vertical scalability for the databases. It ensures authentication and security through data encryption. Plus, it's independent of vendors, promoting easier migration to different vendors. Lastly, it's rich in manipulation commands and data definition (DML and DDL).
- It can capably run several transactions within a single query
- Better data consistency
- A powerful and a popular query language
- There can be complications while converting the data from objects into the database sheets
- Insufficient tolerance for partition
- It's only vertically scalable
This is a backend object-oriented scripting language mainly used for developing web applications, system utilities, standard libraries, and servers. This high-level, general purpose and interpreted development language have undergone impressive evolution over the years. This functional language executes the instructions instead of compiling the program first in machine language.
A few examples of websites developed using Ruby are Airbnb, Shopify, and Twitter. Moreover, the features of Ruby involve its implementation of operator overloading and exception handling. Also, it has a rich library of built-in modules and functions. At the same time, Ruby supports duck typing and has a compressed and flexible syntax.
- Easier maintenance
- Simple to learn and execute for beginners
- Smoother performance and lets developers to duck type that aim operations
- It comes with a slow runtime speed and poor performance
- Less flexible and long boot time
- This is considered one of the slow languages
While Mozilla sponsors this programming language, this has its syntax almost similar to C++. This allows the development of applications across multiple fields. Meanwhile, this comes with robust performance, safe memory, and intuitiveness. A few examples of applications developed using Rust are Yelp and Dropbox.
The significant features of Rust include its implementation of pattern matching, which is to improve the flow of the program. Also, this uses a foreign function interface (FFI). This is to call code from Rust to C. Lastly, this allows a safe memory and provides resource management with RAII (Resource Acquisition Is Initialization).
- One of the safest, most practical, and imperative language
- Better error handling
- It's one of the low-level languages that are more suitable for embedded systems
- Don't have built-in libraries
- Windows installation is complex
- Slow compilation
iOS Mobile App Development
Objective C and Swift programming languages are used for iOS app development. They are suitable for creating apps for iOS devices, including iPadOS, macOS, and watchOS. These languages are used to write iOS apps.
Which Language Is Best for Mobile App Development?
The highest preference is mainly given to JAVA when it comes to mobile app development. This preference is usually due to the low complexity of these languages. And, they're more beginner friendly and perfect for start-ups that want a mobile app developed.
What Is the Easiest Language for App Development?
Java is the most accessible language for mobile app development. It is highly significant for native app development as well. Meanwhile, if you want something easier to learn, then Python might be what you need.
Different mobile application development tools are used when developing the best mobile app for a specific audience. At the same time, having a list of the best languages is essential to help you answer your concerns without having to exhaust your search engine to find the best one.
In this article, we ensured your questions were answered, and you got a quick and general understanding of the best language you can use to develop a mobile application. And the features, pros, and cons give a better idea about which language will be the right fit for developing an app.
While we notice you are reading about the best mobile app development languages, if you're looking forward to availing of the best mobile app development solutions, then Distinguished can help. Where you get several service providers that help you realize your unique project idea. Head towards Distinguished and cater to your business needs today.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
You Might Also Like
No matter how you look at it, overall, 2022 wasn... More
A game development company follows a streamlined... More
TensorFlow and PyTorch are 2 popular machine lea... More